We are pleased to announce Suricata 4.0.6. This is a security update fixing a SMTP crash issue, as well as a fair number of regular issues.
SMTP crash issue was fixed: CVE-2018-18956
- Bug #2568: negated fileext and filename do not work as expected (4.0.x)
- Bug #2576: filemd5 is not fired in some cases when there are invalid packets
- Bug #2607: File descriptor leak in af-packet mode (4.0.x)
- Bug #2634: Improve errors handling in AF_PACKET (4.0.x)
- Bug #2658: smtp segmentation fault (4.0.x)
- Bug #2664: libhtp 0.5.28 (4.0.x)
- Support #2512: http events – Weird unicode characters and truncation in some of http_method/http_user_agent fields
- Support #2546: Suricata 4.0.x blocking issues
Maurizio Abba, Sean Cloherty
Check out the latest training offerings at https://suricata-ids.org/training/
The 2019 calendar of trainings will be out soon – check back here or follow us on Twitter (@OISFoundation) for all training announcements
Suricon 2018 Vancouver is next week and it’s still possible to join! https://suricon.net/
Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.