We’re pleased to announce Suricata 5.0.2. This release fixes a number of issues found in the 5.0 branch.
Get the release here: https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-5.0.2.tar.gz
- Bug #2993: Suricata 5.0.0beta1 memory allocation of 4294966034 bytes failed
- Bug #3380: Segfault when using multi-detect
- Bug #3400: smb: post-GAP file tx handling
- Bug #3424: nfs: post-GAP some transactions never close
- Bug #3425: nfs: post-GAP file tx handling
- Bug #3433: coverity: CID 1456679: Memory – corruptions (NEGATIVE_RETURNS)
- Bug #3434: coverity: CID 1456680: Incorrect expression (IDENTICAL_BRANCHES)
- Bug #3469: gcc10: compilation failure unless -fcommon is supplied (5.0.x)
- Bug #3473: Dropping privileges does not work with NFLOG (5.0.x)
- Documentation #3423: readthedocs shows title of documentation as “Suricata unknown documentation”
Jason Taylor, Timo Sigurdsson, vanlink
Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and Network Security Monitoring engine. Open source and owned by a community run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is developed by OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.